Anthroposophy

Thoughts and considerations on life, the universe and anthroposophy by Daniel Hindes. Updated occasionally, when the spirit moves me.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Rudolf Steiner's nationalism.

I've been working on Defending Steiner for about the last year. I haven't been able to devote as much time to it as I would like, but progress was continual. In fact, I have a number of further articles in various stages of preparation. But at this point I judged it sufficiently far along to post online. I got several people to look at it first and their comments were helpful. Help was especially useful in my ongoing battle against typos - it was embarrassing how many there were even after I had gone over it dozens of times.

One of the first questions I wrote on concerns Rudolf Steiner's nationalism. In that article I pointed out that despite some direct claims that Steiner was a blatant German nationalist during World War I, there is precious little evidence of it among the observations made by his contemporaries. Steiner himself was not even free to travel within Germany during this period! Check out the article and let me know what you think.